Saturday 10 September 2011

I'm back!

You'll have to forgive my extended absence, I have been dealing with some health issues of my own and some changes within my family. It has come time for my mother move in with my sister, as she is the one with the most space to accommodate, and this has turned into a monumental task for us both. It's something we are more than happy to do, as we want nothing but the best for mom, but it means I've been a little busy and neglected my blog. My apologies...

Anyways, let's keep the mood light and happy by looking at some pretty cards. shall we?


I tried making some simple cards, that were quick and easy, but still turned out very lovely. 

stamps: retired 2010-2011 L2 hostess set: Fast and Fabulous and retired SAB 2010 set: Whimsical Words
paper: marina mist, white naturals cardstock
ink: marina mist and basic grey
extras: 1/8" taffeta ribbon in marina mist

I love what the white naturals does for this card. It softens it and adds something extra to the negative space. A few other version that I tried were...



I'm sorry the images are a little blurry, but you get the idea. I made some boxed cards sets of the middle version above. Clean and simple (one layer) cards are the best for boxed sets to give a quick but thoughtful little gift. On this version I used my paper piercer and the mat pack to create the line of holes on the card.

I have one last version to show you...



What do you think?
On this version I stamped the flower on the marina mist cardstock in basic grey also, but I used a white colored wooden pencil to color in the leaves and do some highlighting with around the sentiment. Then I added some crystal effects to the flower and also to the word "thought" in the sentiment. Lastly I added some white baker's twine around the fold of the card and finished it with a simple bow.

I had great fun coming up with all these different variations on the same theme. As you can see, I'm not one of those demonstrators that can part with her retired sets quite as quickly as most. I never quite feel I've done all I wanted to do with them, which is why I'm posting them now even though these sets are no longer available. However, if you searched them out on the internet by name you would find many a demonstrator who is selling off her retired items and could purchase retired sets that way.

Or, you could always use some retired sets of your own and do your own unique take from the pictures I have posted here. Enjoy a day of stampin' happiness soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)