Wednesday 5 October 2011

Fall quilts

This is the last card using the scallop square die. I cased this idea from Leanne Pugliese, and you can see her card here

I am trying to use up as much retired DSP as possible lately so that it doesn't go to waste. I hate having anything go to waste and even if it's retired, because it still makes some very pretty cards. Doesn't it look like a quilt made in fall colours? (Please excuse the blur.)



Then, I tried doing the same card but putting part of it through the lattice folder, to enhance the quilted effect. Which do you like better? I still can't decide.


stamps: fabulous phrases
cardstock: creamy caramel, very vanilla cardstock, really rust and perfectly plum dsp
ink: cajun craze
tools: 3 heart punch, scallop square bigz clear die, lattice folder, dimensionals
extras: linen thread

On the topic of wasting stuff unnecessarily, we have a Reuse Centre here in Edmonton where you can bring certain items to be reused, usually for crafts, etc. I bring them a big bag of stuff every couple of months. 
Here's a link: Edm Reuse Centre

I remember when I first looked at the list of acceptable items, I got a kick out of some of the things they accept...like googly eyes and don't accept...like how they will accept wrapping paper and paper towel cardboard tubes but not toilet paper ones (teehee) but whatever, I think it's a great idea!

So yes, I save odds and ends that are on this list, like milk jug lids, rubber bands, bread bag tags, yogurt containers and lampshades. Ok, i'm only kidding about the lampshades! It drives my boyfriend batty, but...I'm saving the environment!!! (therefore he can't really object)

I switched the colours around and also made these versions. I sponged the edges of the scallop square and the centre heart with perfectly plum or cajun craze.





stamps: fabulous phrases
cardstock: perfectly plum and naturals white cardstock, really rust, close to cocoa, and perfectly plum dsp
ink: perfectly plum
tools: 3 heart punch, scallop square bigz clear die, lattice folder, dimensionals
extras: linen thread

These will make great Thanksgiving cards.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)