Monday 3 October 2011

Grattitude in the park

My mother is the reason this stamp set was purchased. She always knows which stamp sets she loves and never wavers. I on the other hand, change my mind all the time on which ones I love. I see something on a pretty card and then my mind changes again. There are certain elements I'm always more drawn to but I always second guess myself and could spend forever just trying to decide which set to get.

Of course now that it's here, I love it and can't believe I ever doubted getting it! Wow!

I'm using the same ribbon trick as on the last card, and the same scallop square shape. I'm almost done with this theme, just one more card to go using the Bigz scallop square clear die after this one and i'm moving on. Promise!



Stamp set: Pendant Park, fabulous phrases
Cardstock: really rust, creamy caramel and very vanilla
Ink: cajun craze, more mustard, chocolate chip
Tools: Bigz scallop square clear die, decorative punch
Extras: chocolate chip striped grosgrain ribbon, linen thread

This card is pretty straight-forward, I did the rock and roll technique for the tree. I used the decorative  punch on creamy caramel cardstock and stamped my greeting in chocolate chip ink. Then I slid it under the chocolate chip striped grosgrain ribbon at the top of the card.

Sorry the picture is fuzzy, but you get the idea. 

{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}


Now, look at this cool fall dessert my mother made me the other night after our day of stamping together.



It's a baked apple that is filled with raisins, walnuts, chopped apple and cinnamon. It was delicious!!!

My mother is an amazing cook, but now that I have Celiac's disease and she has to cook gluten-free for me, it has been a challenge. I was so impressed with this little dessert she whipped up for us, it wasn't a holiday or anything special, which is what made it such an extra special treat. I'm crazy for raisins in anything, and I think it may be her fault. She would give them to us in our lunch boxes and put extra on our cereal. She was a bit of  health nut and we were not allowed junk food, so somehow that made raisins a really big deal to my sister and I.

I can't wait to see what she makes us for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)