Tuesday 25 October 2011

A Little Halloween Owl

Here's a look at some little treat bags that I made for my long-time friend's kids this year. They wanted to give out treats to the other kids in their class and had these little orange bags that they needed help dressing up. 

I had seen a similar idea in the holiday mini catalogue with the little owl from the L1 hostess set, and I thought it would be perfect. Plus, it would be simple enough to handle making 48 bags. Thank goodness for my stamping partner's/mom's help!





Stamps: Warmest of Wishes - L1 hostess set, Halloween Frights (retired)
Ink: Almost Amethyst (retired) & Tangy Tangerine markers, Basic Black, Craft White, White gel pen
Paper: Crushed Curry (retired), Old Olive, Whisper White cardstock
Tools: Owl punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, scallop punch

The greeting and the little bat are from the retired Halloween Frights set. I really love that little bat, I think it's because he has one eye bigger than the other. Cause we all know that bats have a wonky eye, especially around Halloween! So perfectly adorable! 

But the little Halloween owl is from the current holiday mini, which you can receive as a L1 hostess set. It's only available for the duration of the current mini catalogue. Here are the other stamps that come in that set.


That little owl is one I pined for from the moment I saw him. He's sooooOoo cute! I jumped at the chance to be able to use him for the kids' treat bags.

I've seen so many gorgeous cards done with this set. If only I had the ability to make all the cards I want to, but I'd have to be a machine, and i'm at best, a turtle on most days. So, I will settle for the few projects that I actually do manage to do. Each one of them puts a smile on my face and that's a great achievement on some days. On those days, when nothing feels good, everything hurts, everything... but along come a little owl dressed for Halloween and he manages to put a smile on my face. Now that's something I want to keep in my pocket, a hobby that gets me through the bad days, even if it takes all day just for me to get myself there. It's always worth it. Hey, if it takes a little Halloween owl, that's okay, sign me up, I'll take it! Sometimes a little creativity is the best happy "drug" there is.

What have you seen lately that made you smile (even if it was only on the inside) on one of those days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)