Tuesday 18 October 2011

Well Worn Puns


I ordered the Well Worn designer series paper thinking it was just "okay," and even when it got here I wasn't instantly wowed by it. However the end results using this paper are amazing. If you're on the fence about getting this paper, stop doubting it, it makes for gorgeous projects!

Well Worn Designer Series Paper - by Stampin' Up!

I wasn't sure what to do with it so I searched around and found a lot of beautiful designs that got me so excited about working with this paper! I chose to case a design by Angela Mackay which you can see here, because it just was soOOooOo nice!

I tweaked it a bit and chose to showcase either Cajun Craze or Not Quite Navy in behind each of the 3 panels, to bring out those colours in the Well Worn dsp.



Stamps: Puns from the Past (retired)
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Well Worn dsp, Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Naturals White and Early Espresso cardstock
Extras: Early Espresso taffeta ribbon (retired)
Tools: 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1" circle punch, circle from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pak, lattice folder, Big Shot machine, dimensionals, glue dots


Now, I recently received a retired set called Puns from the Past. I'd been coveting it for a long time but never purchased it last year. Sometimes you don't know want until it's gone! haha


I thought the colours of the Well Worn paper would go nicely with the vintage feel of the Puns from the Past set. Especially if stamped in Early Espresso on White Naturals Cardstock, which I always refer to as the "dirty white paper" because it seems to register a little better with my stamping partner/mother.


Alas, I did not have the Early Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon that was on the card I cased, and I will be sure to remedy this problem on my next order after seeing how beautiful it is. Wow. I do, however, have it in Cherry Cobbler though : D so stay tuned...

I turned instead to the Early Espresso 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon that I bought off the clearance rack.Yes, the clearance rack! Isn't it lovely? The great thing about any of the colours in the 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon is they all have that subtle worn colour to them.




{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}




On another note, I hope everyone had as delicious a Thanksgiving weekend! Mom always makes our old favorites at Thanksgiving, and the first of these is her Maple Squash.

                    

There really is nothing better! It's almost like candy. If you haven't tried it, you must!!! According to mom, it's just maple syrup (it has to be the real stuff, never accept anything else! Pay extra, it's worth it) poured over the acorn squash and baked. We grew up back east on the real stuff, had a sugar shack just up the road from us, and I will not eat the fake stuff ever. Not even in a restaurant when that's all they have. I secretly bring my own if this is going to happen. It's a little ridiculous but, that's just how it has to be, the real stuff or nothing at all.

I'll share another piece of our thanksgiving with you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)