Wednesday 23 November 2011

A Playdate with Animal Stories

My little niece turned 2 recently and it was a pretty big deal as she is the first of all the grandchildren. So I wanted to make a pretty special card too. She loves giraffes and has many of them in her room, so I thought this stamp would work nicely.


Stamps: Animal Stories (retired)
Paper: Playdate (retired)
Ink: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Extras: 1" double stiched grosgrain red ribbon, baker's twine, scallop square, 1-1/4" square, & 1" square punches, olive green library clip, Playdate rub-ons

I also thought the bright colours of the Playdate designer series paper would suit her well. I had gotten the paper, accent stickers, and rub-ons off the clearance rack and couldn't wait for an excuse to crack them open.

I liked the design and colours so much I made a couple extras but made it adaptable to the birthday or "just thinking of you" sentiment of any age. I replaced the "2" with one of the die-cut stickers.


Stamps: Animal Stories (retired)
Paper: Playdate (retired), Playdate Accents (die-cut stickers)
Ink: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Extras: 1" double stiched grosgrain red ribbon, baker's twine, scallop square, 1-1/4" square, & 1" square punches, olive green library clip, Playdate rub-ons


Stamp set: Swirls and Curls (2011 summer mini hostess L1)

I punched out some "2"s from the dsp and lined them up across the bottom and added a greeting in Real Red. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)