Wednesday 30 November 2011

Small Wondehdehdeh...

As much as I'm dying to post some pictures of some of the Christmas cards I've been making...they are unfortunately on a camera that I've forgotten at my sister's. Sigh. So, instead I will show you a card I made for my niece's christening.

I had seen a number of different variations on how to make a lamb out of punches, but I didn't have some of those particular tools, so I improvised and it all ended up coming out great! What do you think?



Stamps: Whimsical Words (retired: sale-a-bration 2010)
Ink: Basic Black stampin' write journaler, pretty in pink marker, versamark, pretty in pink pad
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Grey, Pink Pirouette
Tools: Scallop trim border punch, word window punch, 1 1/4" square punch, corner punch, 1 3/4"scallop circle punch, 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, Boho blossoms punch, Bird punch, white embossing powder, heat gun, sponge daubers
Extras: Pretty in pink gingham ribbon (retired)

The card is pretty self explanatory. I used the word window punch for the legs and just blackened ends with marker for hoofs. I used a square punch for the face and rounded the corners. Her ears are made from the bird punch's wings.

The greeting is stamped in versamark and then I used white embossing powder. I used a sponge dauber and sponged over the greeting once embossed to make the words stand out a bit.

The face I drew freehand with markers. She was so much fun to make, I have to make more sometime! But Christmas is taking all my time right now. I suppose I'll end up waiting until necessity forces me to make another !?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)