Sunday 8 January 2012

Kimono Kids in Poppy Parade

I was inspired by the idea of Chinese New Year, after having so much fun on New Year's eve. Probably looking to extend it and find another reason to celebrate...haha. Anyways, I knew I had a cute set that I had gotten last summer when the list of retiring stamps came out that might work.

I found a similar color combo when looking in the Creative Crew's January Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and it gave me the inspiration to use the colours on the card below.



Stamp set: Kimono Kids (retired)
Paper: Poppy Parade, Pink Pirouette, Brushed Gold, Black, Whisper White, and Wild Wasabi (I just had to!) cardstock
Ink: Poppy Parade, Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi, Versamark, Basic Black, 
Tools: Paper Crimper, Word Window punch, Dotted Scallop Border Ribbon punch, Heat gun
Extras: Gold and Black embossing powders, Crystal Effects

The set is called Kimono Kids, and I realize that these kids are Japanese and not Chinese. Oh well, I was all inspired, and refused to allow this to stop me and really.. what does it matter? All that matters is inspiration! Aren't they adorable?

The lanterns are outlined in black embossing powder for that raised effect. I added some details with gold embossing powder, poppy parade marker, and Crystal Effects.



My first darling girl's outline and hair are done with black embossing powder. I wanted the hair to be jet black and glossy. 




My second girl has a few gold touches to her outfit.



Some inside detail...


I added a few stamps to the envelope too, but they were hard to capture :s

This card was a lot of work, but so much fun to do! Hope you can find some inspiration in your day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)