Friday 16 March 2012

CFC44: Whale boy blue

I needed a card for a very special girlfriend who just had a little baby boy. It's a pretty exciting deal! I am so happy for her, she's wanted a baby ever since i've known her, so it's really awesome.

I find baby cards a little hard to make because I always want to try and make them very soft and pastel like, except i'm a colour person so it's hard. Anyways, I gave into colour and this is what I came up with.

I used the CASusal Fridays challenge this week to design my card, I chose my pattern, my image, and added a sentiment...voila!



Stamps: Animal Stories (retired), Swirls and Curls Verses (retired) &/or Teeny Tiny Verses
Ink: Brocade Blue, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Brocade Blue, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White cardstock, and Pawsitively Prints DSP
Tools: Tasteful Trim die, Boho Blossoms punch, Big Shot
Extras: Pumpkin Pie corduroy button (retired), Pumpkin Pie ric rac ribbon (retired)


I made a couple versions, this is the baby one and the one at the top I made a little more generic with a curly hello. 





Take a peek at the inside...(and a side view of my little corduroy sun!)


Okay, here's a full on view of the little whales on the inside.


I think the little whale is the only one in this set that I haven't yet used; it makes me so happy I found a place for him!






2 comments:

  1. Your friend will love it! Wonderful baby card :) Happy you played with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute baby card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)