Tuesday 9 October 2012

CCMC 221 & PPA 144: So Thankful

Well, it has been a busy summer and somehow it's already October. What?!? October? There's been moving and all that goes along with moving, but at least we were able to go through a lot of stuff and decide what to keep, what should go, and that in itself feels great.

I've been working on some baby shower projects which I will reveal once finished, and also a lot of My Digital Studio products! Some of the MDS products I made for Thanksgiving and thought I would give you a peek at them. I used the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary since it allowed me a large space to place my MDS work in.

One of the coolest parts about the MDS artwork is that it now allows you colour in/over any stamp (with the MDS 2 upgrade that is!) So I used the new colouring tool on my branch with leaves digital stamp.




Stamps: Autumn Harvest (digital)
Ink: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso (digital)
Paper: Well Worn dsp, Autumn Spice dsp, Frostwood Lodge dsp
Tools: MDS 2

I purchased these fall digital products during the sale Stampin' Up! just had, and I've had great fun playing with my new goodies...see!? I've made it a hybrid project by adding my MDS work to cardstock and highlighting it with various designer series paper.  The challenge over at the Paper Pal Arts has given us the colour palette of More Mustard, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso to use, so I chose to follow this one as well!

I am IN LOVE with the paper on the largest flag, the birch looking paper. I want it to be a staple but it's from last year's holiday mini so, I'll have to enjoy only what I have. Sigh.

And now I leave you with a picture of Mom's Pecan Cognac Pie, it's to die for! Those are apple pies in the background which I will never ever tire of... I think mom is dying to try to make some new stuff and we keep on asking for the same old thing. In order to accommodate, she made a number of pies/desserts and we were truly spoiled. (There was also a steamed chocolate bread pudding with Grand Marnier and warm chocolate sauce over top-sorry no picture, it's all gone)


Thanks Mom!



7 comments:

  1. Your sentiment over the leaves is set off perfectly! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...LOVE your hybrid card! WONDERFUL!!! Just stunning! And that pie does look to die for! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks beautiful! And this would be great to frame and hang on the wall! What a great way to use MDS! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh, I love the card and the pie both! Looks like you've been busy! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful MDS card! I love it! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so totally AWESOME! I have got to get on board with MDS...love the greeting focal image and the great colors! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the big, bold sentiment on top of the pretty leaves. What a great statement this makes! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)