Friday 19 October 2012

DS73 & ISSC38: Sparkly Spider Trails to you!

I'm getting so excited for Halloween! I liked the look of two similar sketches this week, the first is from the sketch on Deconstucting Jen's blog:

  Deconstructed Sketch No. 73 

The other is from a new blog I've discovered called iSpy Sketches:


With these two in mind, I created my card. I wanted to use the little witch on her pumpkin from Greeting Card Kids before Halloween went by because it's the cutest image. I've been trying to incorporate the use of my Simply Scored tool a little more in my card making, and look at what I came up with...




My little spiders have left trails of iridescent ice in their path! I created the look of "engraved" paths with my Simply Scored tool, aren't they cute? My spiders are little pearls that I coloured black. Then, I added some legs. I guess they make rather cute and not scary spiders.

And here's my little witch...


I stamped her on watercolour paper and painted her in, then highlighted with markers for a little more definition.

The accent on my greeting is actually a button under the glimmer brad and the little bow.


I tried to capture just how much my spider trails shine in this picture. 


I've only partially decorated the house, but preparations are under way. I have my costume and I read recently that it's supposed to be a full moon on Oct. 31st! ouuuuuh, scary!!!


Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Black, Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
Paper: Basic Black dsp, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, and Perfect Plum cardstock, watercolour paper
Tools: Simply Scored, Circles Die #2, XL Scallop Circle, heat tool
Extras: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Plum Perfect button, black Glimmer Brad, linen thread, pearls, permanent black marker

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)