Wednesday 16 January 2013

Baby Shower Projects

Well, it's been far too long! I got caught up in the holidays, baby showers and baby birth, moving my mother and a really nasty cold over xmas. Anyways, i'm here to share some pics from my friend's baby shower (finally)!

My best friend, Kim, is Vietnamese so her Momma cooked up some insanely delicious food! People went a little nuts over the homemade spring rolls!!! But they are delicious so we get it : D

Here is my banner below. We attached the first part above the mantle...

Stamps: Fox & Friends
Ink: Basic Grey
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey, Whisper White, Build a Bear pawsitively prints I (so saffron polka dot paper on the grey pennants)
Tools: Perfect Pennants die (new one), Bigz XL Pennant die (old one), Serif Essentials Alphabet dies, Rosette die, XL scallop circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Circles #2 die, 3/4" punch
Extras: Daffodil Delight satin ribbon

and the second part hung from the mantle itself. As you can see the colours are Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey, and white. I used the stamp set Fox & Friends throughout. My grey polka dots were made from 3/4" circles punched from grey cardstock and applied at random with glue dots.

We also had a candy bar. Yay! Kim and I had a blast just going and buying the candy. We both agreed that it was the most fun we'd had in a long time. We used to work together in a chocolate shop, so our days of delighting in candy and treats together go waaaay back. As you can see, she didn't skimp!





Stamps: Fox & Friends
Ink: Basic Grey
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey, Whisper White
Tools: Perfect Pennants die (new one),Timeless Type sizzlits dies, XL scallop circle punch,,1 3/4" circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch
Extras: White bakers twine


I made a mini banner for the candy bar, and little label stands to identify each type of candy. There are little daisies added to the banner that I made by using the Boho punch. 

The candy shown here are the Hershey's Cookies and Creme drops; Kim's favorite!


Stamps: none
Ink: none (I printed the candy names off the computer)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey, Whisper White, Build a Bear pawsitively prints I (so saffron polka dot paper) 
Tools: Decorative punch, scallop oval punch, scallop circle punch



Here is a picture of the cupcake picks I made. The cupcakes were homemade too by our friend Dominique (who basically organized the whole shebang.) Check out the punch with floating duckies. So cute!




Stamps: Fox & Friends, Tiny tags
Ink: Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey, Whisper White
Tools: XL scallop circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch
Extras: Daffodil Delight buttons, bakers twine

So here is the food table!!! Homemade spring rolls, salad rolls, papaya salad with shrimp, noodle dishes...oh my!



A close-up of one of the menu cards. We put the Vietnamese name first, and the English underneath. At the shower they announced they were having a boy. The fox was Kim's favorite stamp of them all, so I went heavy on the fox.



Pretty yellow flower puffs Dominique made that we hung around the food table.


This is a picture of the wall of balloons that was above the spot where the gifts were opened. Cool idea eh? I found it on pinterest. Doesn't it sort of look like bubbles? 


Dominique did such a great job of organizing everything. Kim's mom is a master chef...i'm seriously so jealous that she got to grow up on her Momma's cooking. I was thrilled to be allowed to create some stuff for such an important event in our lives.

I love how events like this bring everybody together, and you get to see all those people you just don't normally see on an everyday basis. It makes it so special to reconnect again and to be able to all share the excitement together. It was such great fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)