Tuesday 16 December 2014

SUO 112 & PP 225 & CCC 053: Sparkly Snow Wreath

All the talk about the Winter Solstice put me in the mood to create a card that was inspired by Snow.



I wanted to make a shaker card, for the holidays, and to make it a bit extra fancy as the challenge with The Paper Players suggested!

I find twinkling snow to be so magical, that it makes winter a happier, merrier, time. The SUO Challenge this week is all about creating a project that includes something that conveys the season greetings of Merry or Happy. I chose "Happy Holidays" since I have friends of many faiths.

I was thrilled to see that Catherine and Cathy Creates challenge this week was Walking in a Winter Wonderland! Yay!




Here is my card. It's simple but fancy!

Paper: Marina Mist, Pool Party, Whisper White cardstock, Silver Glimmer paper, 
Stamps: Four Seasons, Four the Holidays
Ink: Marina Mist, Pool Party
Tools: XL scallop punch, 1" circle punch, small heart punch
Extras: Shaker dimensional circles, glitter, beads, rhinestones in white and blue, window sheet


Really, what are the holidays without the snow? When you live in Canada...snow, especially twinkling snow, the pretty kind is always welcome and certainly makes me feel happier about winter (well, I'll just speak for myself on that one.)

Happy Winter Solstice!


6 comments:

  1. I love the twinkles, what a perfect CAS" fancy" card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Darcie! I love all of the bling! Like you, I don't mind a touch of snow, just as long as it doesn't get slick! It doesn't seem like the holidays with out it. We do get our fair share of the white stuff here in Iowa. lol Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcie, I adore all the bling! I like to see snow in the air, but I am a warm weather girl! LOL! It does look beautiful for the holidays! The colors your used are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really sweet little Christmas card - all that sparkle and bling!~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful shaker card...SOOO sparkly! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my post and taking a look at my blog today! I love hearing from you... :)